We at Ratna Nidhi do our best to provide help, via our projects. You can choose a cause to help us do better.Donate Now
Toys were donated for toy library to Roadpali Municipal School on eve of new year.
An awareness being created in different villages about our upcoming Mobility camp at Jamnagar where we will be screening the patients, take their measurements etc and then we will be providing FREE Jaipur Foot, Calipers, Crutches etc to physically disabled person.
This is just to ensure that maximum people can benefit from this FREE camp.
This festive month of December 2017, Ratna Nidhi gave 25 computers to 4 school partners in the area of Govandi, Mankhurd, Mumbai Central and Ghatkopar.
Thus benefiting over 500 children in these underprivileged communities and bringing smiles and celebration to the children.
Majority of these schools are run in the communities with minimum resources and a computer lab facility will further add opportunities for learning.
Clean and pure drinking water is as important as good and nutritious food which we give as mid day meal to low income schools of Mumbai.
Currently we donated Aquagaurd to Ranade School, Mumbai who is also our beneficiary school where we provide mid day meal under our Food for Education project.
We also donated 1 CD player and 50 Educaitonal CDs to another beneficiary school named Prabhu Seminary School, Mumbai.
The M. G. Mehta Human Spirit Award is instituted in the memory of Ratna Nidhi’s Founder – Mr. Mahendra G. Mehta.
The award is presented to a differently abled person who has shown indomitable spirit and courage in spite of their difficulties.
It aims to honour and encourage individuals, who have proved that their disability is not a barrier in achieving their dreams.
In the year 2017, it was awarded to Ms. Deepa Malik who is first Indian woman to win a medal in Paralympic Games and has won a Silver medal at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Shot Put.
It was awarded by our Chief Guest Ms. Poonam Mahajan who is a Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) representing Mumbai North-Central Constituency. She is also the National President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the youth wing of the BJP.
Post Event - Event coverage
1. Midday - http://www.mid-day.com/articles/poonam-mahajan-awards-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award-to-rio-paralympics-silver-medalist-deepa-malik/18766159
2. Sakshi.com - http://english.sakshi.com/news/2017/11/22/mp-poonam-mahajan-gives-away-the-3rd-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award-to-wheelchair-olympian-deepa-malik
3. Healthsite.com - http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/mp-poonam-mahajan-to-give-away-the-3rd-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award-to-wheelchair-olympian-deepa-malik-ag1117/
4. Indiaeducationdiary.com - http://indiaeducationdiary.in/mp-poonam-mahajan-gives-away-3rd-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award-wheelchair-olympian-deepa-malik/
Pre - Event coverage (19th /20th November)
1. Healthsite.com - http://www.thehealthsite.com/news/mp-poonam-mahajan-to-give-away-the-3rd-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award-to-wheelchair-olympian-deepa-malik-ag1117/
2. CSR watch - http://csrwatch.co.in/paralympics-medalist-deepa-malik-gets-mg-mehta-human-spirit-award/
3. Hans India - http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/Life-Style/2017-11-20/MP-Poonam-Mahajan-to-give-away-the-3rd-MG-Mehta-Human-Spirit-Award-to-wheelchair-Olympian-Deepa-Malik/340430
4. Newshook - https://newzhook.com/story/14800
5. Blog - http://www.sarathbabu.in/2017/11/mp-poonam-mahajan-to-give-away-3rd-mg.html
Ratna Nidhi Stall at Rotary Fest on 19th November 2017.
Ratna Nidhi Charitable Trust donated 40 Cartons of Toys, School bags and Purses to Mr. Shrirang V. Surve, resident of Grant Road, Mumbai who then distributed the same to the children of tribal and rural schools of Maharashtra with an aim to initiate Toy Libraries for children to learn in a playful way.
saw the Food Partner schools of Ratna Nidhi Trust come together and interact with Aditi Mehta of Stones2Milestones, an organisation which works to improve the way children learn and use the English language in schools. , 15 September 2017
It was an interactive session wherein the representatives of the schools and Ms. Aditi shared their learning and challenges in the implementation of the language.
The main objective was to open doors for quality education with the schools we work while providing hot nutritious meals to the children as we desire that the students stay longer in school and get access to good learning for a better future.
There were total of 8 Food School Partners present who attended the same.The school partners are those schools and organisations who serve the underprivileged children and youth & who avail of our home cooked nutritious meals everyday. They are mostly the non-aided, private, regional language schools and NGOs.